[Phoenix-pm] July's Meeting

Greg Hill gnhill at liquidweb.com
Thu Jun 28 11:36:39 PDT 2012

I had originally planned on presenting about contributing to CPAN in
July, but with the date move, I'll be out of town.  So I guess put me
down for August.  It was originally going to focus more on getting an
account and uploading the module, but since those things were so
easy/quick, they'll be given a cursory overview and the majority of the
focus will be on using Dist::Zilla to simplify packaging/releasing modules.

I have some ideas for other presentations in the future:

Using perlbrew/cpanminus to manage your perl versions/modules
Profiling for great good (or the hidden costs you don't realize you
have) - mostly about using Devel::NYTProf to analyze performance issues,
but also a bit of railing about stupid design decisions in DBIx::Class
specifically

If any one of those sounds particularly interesting to people, I can
start working on it sooner than later.

Greg