[Phoenix-pm] I don't buy it

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Thu Mar 16 12:22:18 PST 2006

Matt Wright wrote formmail.pl which, though it was done in bad style, is
famous for having the highest density of vulnerabilities per line in any
program known to man.  It single handled made Perl the largest spam relay
right behend open Sendmail servers for a solid 7 years running.  Matt
Wright writes bad code.  My references to people who learned to code by
imitating him implied they had far more than style or preference wrong
with their code -- their code is bad.  As I said, usually people who
write &func aren't old Perl 4 programmers but are people who learned from
the wretched code floating around -- the most common of which is Matt's.

-scott