[Phoenix-pm] I don't buy it

Anthony R. Nemmer intertwingled at qwest.net
Thu Mar 16 10:55:37 PST 2006

I don't buy the "Matt Wright" argument or whoever it is.  I think people
can write perfectly good code in Perl 5 and use the & when calling
subroutines.  You just need to be careful, per perlsub, in how you use
&.  It's been my experience that prototypes are truly a hack, and that
they are not used that often.  Again, this all may change with Perl 6,
but when will Perl 6 be released?  It's probably years away.  Personally
I think sigils are one of the things that makes Perl Perl, and that
typeglobs are pretty cool.

Tony

--

I always have coffee when I watch radar!