[Phoenix-pm] anyone use perl for non CGI here?

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Sun Mar 5 10:15:59 PST 2006

Jerry Davis wrote:

>I see a lot of cgi and web stuff on this list.
>Does anyone use perl for anything other than web?
>
>I have used perl daily for over 7 years, and only done one cgi app.
>The rest have been either stand-alone apps, or glue.
>
>Just asking :)

I haven't done any Perl cgi in many years. It's my first choice for lots
of routine tasks. Perl's practical nature makes it an easy choice. Often
I start a simple task in shell and switch to Perl almost immediately.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |