[Phoenix-pm] Meeting Planning

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Jun 15 17:27:39 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 03:44:09PM -0700, Oyler, Nathan wrote:
> I would love to attend more, and would have been at every one except.
>
> They are 2 1/2 hours after I get off work. So I run home from Scottsdale
> to Tempe. Take care of the baby, get relaxed, and I don't particularly
> feel like running back up to North Scottsdale.
>
> I'm sure we all have little things like that. If it was a Friday night
> or in Tempe I'd care much less. (One was closer by, but I had a work
> engagement..)

Yes, everyone *does* have little things like that. Some more than
others. Having a small child I am right there with you.

The time thing is problematic. A 7:00pm or 7:30pm meeting gives me time
to get home, get a few things squared away, and see my family for a
short while before I leave again. If it were much earlier I'd miss
seeing my family, at least to say "hi." Much later and I turn into a
pumpkin (the little one often wakes as early as 5am).

And this is the story for most everyone, differing only in details...

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |