[Phoenix-pm] Staying in California

Michael Friedman friedman at highwire.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 3 10:54:10 PDT 2006

Phoenix PMers,

Well, my wife has resigned her position at ASU so that we are now
staying in California for the foreseeable future. I have to admit,
there are a lot of things about Phoenix that I am not going to miss
(starting with 100 degree temps), but I will miss being able to
attend Phoenix.pm meetings.

For example, I'd be really excited to hear Andy Lester or other
luminaries come talk. It's hard to explain the airfare, hotel, and
car to my budget, though. :-(

However, I've really enjoyed being on the mailing list this past
year, even though I'm not in AZ. I read the postings after meetings
(when there are any) and loved the writeups from YAPC recently. You
may also have heard me rant about the lack of any perlmongers groups
in Silicon Valley (wouldn't you think they'd gather, here of all
places?). So, if it's OK with you guys, I'd like to stay on the
mailing list as an "emeritus" member.

And, I'll happily chip in $20 to bring in a speaker, if someone tapes
the talk and posts it where I can hear/see it.

-- Mike
Michael Friedman                     HighWire Press
Phone: 650-725-1974                  Stanford University
FAX:   270-721-8034                  <friedman at highwire.stanford.edu>