[Phoenix-pm] Meeting on 6/30/2005 -- YAPC goers?

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Jun 17 13:53:44 PDT 2005

In my experience, "meta-meetings" and social meetings in general do very
poorly. What's there to decide with Perl Mongers? Nothing. We need
presenters. We need entertainment and education. Are we just going to
talk about needing these things? That would be silly. And
unproductive. Remember, most people don't chare a whit about Perl Mongers,
they're interested in Perl. There are far too many organizations in this
world that exist for no reason other than to further their own existance.

Here's a suggestion. Maybe someone in town was actually able to attend
YAPC like I wanted to but couldn't afford. Maybe they could report back
and even summerize a few talks and answer questions.

-scott