Phoenix.pm: Net::Telnet

Matt Alexander m at pdxlug.org
Wed Jan 14 09:06:56 CST 2004

I'm trying to use Net::Telnet to connect to a device that simply outputs
data after a connection is made.  There's no prompt and there's no
indication of when it's done sending data, however I know that after about
10 seconds that I should have received all the data that was available.  I
then want to save all the output from this device to a log file.

I think the problem with my script is that it's looking for a prompt from
the device.  I've tried setting Prompt => undef and Prompt => "", but
these both generate warnings and I never retrieve any data.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
~M