[Fwd: [Fwd: Re: Phoenix.pm: Inheriting from DateTime]]

Eden Li Eden.Li at asu.edu
Thu Feb 19 19:17:24 CST 2004

oh, I figured it was a warning.  I tested it as below:

#--
{ local ($SIG{'__WARN__'}) = sub {};
  warn 'meh';
}
warn 'bleh';
#--

Which prints out only 'bleh'.  Apparently, from my limited research, you can't
stop a die() from happening by changing its handler.  Therefore, you may
ignore this suggestion... :)  It's probably not good to turn off warns/dies
anyway.

It seems DateTime is being a bit too pedantic by complaining about extra
parameters it recieves...  I guess this is a design policy that the DateTime
programmer decided to implement.  Ah, I love Perl's apathy towards policy :)

Anyway... I'm typing too much.  I think the best way is to remove your params
before passing them off to DateTime, as you and Scott both mentioned...