Phoenix.pm: humor

David A. Sinck phx-pm-list at grueslayer.com
Mon Jan 27 09:26:27 CST 2003

Thought y'all'd enjoy this.

A few nights ago, my eldest comes to me at 2 AM or so in the morning
complaining about roaming nightmare shadows.  Being the dutiful
father, I stumble out of bed and go look for said thing.

son: "It was about this big."
     [gesture]
me:  "mmmph"
son: "It looked like Randal."
me:  [WTFO, he knows Schwartz?]
     [0.5 second passes]
me:  [OH.  That Randal.  From Monsters Inc, the purple iguana
	   monster.]
me:  Ok, look, Randal's not here. [...]

I'd like to point out that not until much later did it occur to me
that it didn't bother me in the least to think that Schwartz being the
source of nightmares.

I mean, who hasn't woken up screaming their first few nights alone
with a creepy regex?

David