Phoenix.pm: keep-alives with RobotUA

Scott Walters scott at illogics.org
Fri Dec 5 12:45:43 CST 2003

Not to mention you've stopped giving them links to try and follow
if they are just a niave robot.

Re: Sun E450s, that's on the NetBSD supported hardware list, so there is a good
chance that Linux supports it also (or that support could be added). Given a
choice between running Solaris on E450s and running Linux on a Dell, I'd have
to go with the E450s. Consumer hardware sucks indescribeably bad. I keep
trying to replace slowass.net's 180mhz PowerPC machine but
each machine dies. So far it has outlived a 300mhz K6II, a 450mhz K6II, a
200mhz PII, and now I've got a 1.2ghz Athlon that suddenly decided that it is
going to report its clock speed at 1.2ghz odd but run about as fast as a 300 on
the bytebench. Consumer hardware is nothing but bonepile fodder.

-scott