Phoenix.pm: Save the Damian Fund

Tran Forsythe tran_fors at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 16:54:47 CST 2002

--- Scott Walters <phaedrus at illogics.org> wrote:

> Anyone care to nominate me (or anyone else) for the
> position of..
>
> "Perl Mongers Phoenix Treasurer"
>
> ?
>
> Seriously, if two (preferably trustworthy) people
> had the
> information, they could police each other. Of
> course,
> for very large amounts of money, the money should be
> sent
> to YAS directly, and the cancelled check obtained.
>
> I myself nominate Kurt, as he sometimes makes it to
> the
> meetings, and he has little need to embezzel charity
> funds,
> having an acceptably well paying job ;)

*laugh* Well, I thank you for the nomination ;)  I do
trust Doug w/ my donation though, so for this one-time
thing I think a treasurer's a bit much.  If we start
doing things that require managing money though, sure,
I'm game. ;)  (Hmm.. an AGP GeForce 3 costs how much
again?...)

-Kurt

ps: Like anyone in our group is stupid enough to
embezzle from a group of geeks; that unlucky soul
might find his monitor & keyboard in his bed (bad
Godfather reference - horse's head, computer head..
what?  Why're you all looking at me like that?
Umm.... I'll go sit in the corner then, shall I?)