Phoenix.pm: Anyone doing Perl/XML?

Svirskas Rob-ERS007 Rob.Svirskas at motorola.com
Fri Mar 9 17:50:39 CST 2001

Scott;

> >           sysread HANDLE,my $slurp,-s HANDLE;
> Rob, have you benchmarked my $slurp = `cat $fn` ? i wanna know =)

Three words: "sick and wrong". If I were really twisted, I would try benchmarking that. Not that I would actually do that, but if I did, I would get:

Benchmark: timing 1000 iterations of evil...
   evil: 494 wallclock secs (334.33 usr 135.32 sys + 2.88 cusr 141.20 csys = 0.00 CPU)

Hey, does the "0.00 CPU" mean that it didn't use the CPU at all? :-\

> And how do DSPs differ from traditional processors? What makes a DSP a DSP? I'm curious =)

I guess a DSP is a DSP 'cause it's not an ASP (my old computer engineering professor is likely screaming someplace right now).

                                  - Rob