Phoenix.pm: Perl Error Log

Pablo Velasquez pablo at zunigatech.com
Mon Apr 17 13:44:25 CDT 2000

David:
Thanks so much for this info. I will be connecting remotely so I have to
find some solution, perhaps executing the script through SSL. The commands
are pre-determined and since the scripct goes through SSL there's no
security risk. Perhaps I can even submit the commands through  a web/SSL
form. On the other hand, I completely agree, this is a major security risk
if this script is compromised. Perhaps it's a good idea to finish all the
other redundant systems before I get to this level.

The mysql info was very handy already, thanks to everyone who sent info.

In case anyone installs the ActiveState Perl 5.6.0 I had to completely
uninstall my previous version, then actually delete the "c:\Perl" folder
also, before 5.6 would install completely. I'm using NT and have build 522
installed.

In case anyone is into T-Shirts, this has a cool Perl t-shirt:
www.thinkgeek.com

Directly:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/bazaar/mart/cart.cgi?action=view&type=item&it
emid=2854

I hope I don't seem like I'm taking and not giving Perl to the mailing-list
:) but I have another question. When I use NT, there is an error log in the
"c:\Perl" folder for PerlScript. However, for basic perl errors (aside from
the screen) is there a "log of errors"? For example, MySQL has it's own log,
Apache has a log for errors, does Perl have a log? I've been looking but I
can't find one...I guess could just write one but I'm practicing Virtue 1 :)

Thanks!

-Pablo

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient.