Phoenix.pm: Downloading and Installing modules

Beaves at aol.com Beaves at aol.com
Tue Dec 7 22:56:02 CST 1999

Hi folks!  It's me again.

I have never had any luck with installing a module from CPAN.  I follow the
instructions and am unable to get the Makefile.PL to run successfully.  I
have always done my installing via brute force in the past, but I would
really like to make my life easier in the future.
Here is what I do.
(The actual directory is messier...)
c:/perl5/download/CGI-modules>perl Makefile.PL
but I get the dreaded bad command or filename, because the Perl .exe is not
in this directory. (I forget how to get perl to be recognized in any
directory in DOS)...

So, I try
c:/perl5>perl c:/perl5/download/CGI-modules/Makefile.PL
This runs, but then is unable to find the ExtUtils::MakeMaker module,  I
assume because of the directory of the Makefile.PL was called in, which
screws up the @INC.

So, what do y'all do?

By the way, how long has CGI.pm been 'converting' to CGI::Base, CGI::Form etc?
This was the first I have heard of this 'new' (to me at least) organization
of the CGI module.

Hopes ta see yous guys at da next meetin.   Fagetaboutit.

Tim