[Philadelphia-pm] Closing the meetup group -- rationale!

James E Keenan jkeenan at pobox.com
Wed May 22 07:22:32 PDT 2019

Brian, Walt, et al.,

I just got a notice saying that you're taking down phl.pm's meetup.com
page.  I'm curious as to why you're doing this. Cost? Lack of interest?

In New York -- where, as you know, we are even less active than
Philadelphia -- we've found that the meetup site does ensure a modest
level of visibility for our group and we can get a few newcomers to our
(social) meetings from the meetup.com suggestion algorithm.

Jim Keenan