[Philadelphia-pm] System Admin job at digital rights group
ben at accessnow.org
Thu Feb 25 14:51:56 PST 2016
Hey Philly Perl Mongers,
I work for Access Now, a global human rights organization that defends the
internet around the world and we're looking to hire a Systems Admin to help
The System Administrator will be responsible for the technical operations
needs of our staff and infrastructure which supports Access Now’s
programmatic work. They'll be planning and delivering technical solutions
as well as communicating to staff with varied levels of technical
expertise. We're looking for someone who capable of securing our data and
infrastructure in face of significant threats that we face. Will work
closely with the tech and operations team.
I'd love to give more information, please ask - otherwise share this role
Please take a look here: https://www.accessnow.org/sysadmin/
*About Access Now*
Access Now (accessnow.org) is a growing organization dedicated to defending
and extending the digital rights of users at risk around the world. Our
Policy, Technology, and Advocacy teams work together to achieve our mission
through our global presence in Europe, Latin America, Middle East North
Africa, North America, and beyond.
*About the Role*
The System Administrator will be responsible for Access Now’s technical
operations needs of Access Now’s staff and infrastructure which supports
Access Now’s programmatic work.
In this role, you will be planning and delivering technical solutions as
well as communicating to staff with varied levels of technical expertise.
Due to the nature of Access Now’s work, the organization faces significant
potential threats, and therefore, you will need to ensure Access’ staff,
infrastructure, and data is secure and available.
This position is housed within the Tech team but will liaise closely with
members of the Operations team.
This position will report to the Technology Director.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Build and maintain the organization’s tech infrastructure;
- Support the technical and digital security needs of our global team;
- Oversee user administration and technical onboarding and offboarding
of staff and interns;
- Contribute to the development of internal security policies,
procedures, and controls;
- Work with regional operations managers to develop relationships with
local tech vendors across the organization’s global locations;
- Responsible for developing and managing physical and virtual assets
for the entire organization.
*Knowledge, Education and Experience:*
- Work experience in a similar or related role supporting the tech needs
of a global company of 30+ people preferred;
- Strong ability to plan and follow through with projects in an
organized and efficient manner;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple
responsibilities and manage priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Experience with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems for users;
- Experience with Debian Linux server administration;
- Experience with Apache, nginx, firewalls, intrusion detection systems,
Nagios, Git, XEN virtualization system preferred;
- Excellent ability to automate tasks and implement tools in a scripting
- Experience in operational security planning and information security
- Experience with collaborative and project management software;
- Experience with administration of Request Tracker (RT), including
coding in Perl preferred.
*Location: *This is a full time position ideally based in New York City or
*Salary:* Based on experience.
*To Apply:* Please send an email to jobs at accessnow.org with the following
- Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, current salary,
- 2 references
Please remember to reference your email application with the subject line:
“System Administrator *–* [Your Name]
Global Risk and Operations Manager
Access | accessnow.org
PGP ID: 0x1F2EC60E
Fingerprint: 403F 2F8C 2142 7188 2DDE A4B6 2E28 6A73 1F2E C60E
*Sign up for our action alerts <https://www.accessnow.org/campaign/>!!!*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Philadelphia-pm