[Philadelphia-pm] Fwd: PPW 2014 Call for Speakers

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Fri Sep 12 07:34:23 PDT 2014

FYI...

----- Forwarded message from Dan Wright <dan at dwright.org> -----

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 07:28:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dan Wright <dan at dwright.org>
To: ppw-announce at googlegroups.com
Subject: PPW 2014 Call for Speakers

The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop Organizers are happy to announce our 7th
annual event this November 7th through 9th in downtown Pittsburgh, PA.
    Our web site is now live and accepting registrations.   We are also
accepting talk submissions through September 26th:

    http://pghpw.org

Thanks to Mark Jason Dominus and Tom Christiansen for volunteering talks
for PPW already.   And thanks to Infinity Interactive for covering the
costs for John Anderson to come to PPW and teach our famous “From Zero to
Perl” class on November 7th *at no extra charge* for anybody buying a
ticket to PPW.

We do have room for one more paid day-long class on the 7th.    Talks on
the 8th and 9th may be 20 or 50 minutes long.   We’ll give you a ticket to
the event, a thank-you gift, and some world-famous PPW coffee!

You may wonder “what topic is right for PPW?”   While you might find an
academic talk here and there, PPW tends to prefer talks that focus on
practical solutions to real-world problems. Talks do not necessarily need
to involve Perl code, they just need to be relevant to Perl developers.
Successful subjects in the past have included: Revision control, Tools for
developers, Integrating other languages with Perl, Job hunting /
recruiting, Personal health topics, Project management, and Perl community
related talks.

Ultimately, the litmus test for any talk we select for PPW is: "Will our
attendees find value in this talk?"

This is *your* opportunity to share in the excitement of being a part of
PPW.   Seize the moment and submit your talk today (please!)

    http://pghpw.org/ppw2014/newtalk

Thank you,

The 2014 PPW Organizers