[Philadelphia-pm] Persistent data directory

Eric Roode sdn.phlpm at mailnull.com
Wed Nov 16 09:26:04 PST 2011

Hi all,

I'm writing a new module, and it needs to store some data persistently
across invocations (basically a cache).  It is irrelevant whether this
cache is per-user or system-wide.

Is there any sort of reasonably standard place to store such data?  This
will be run on Windows, for what it's worth, but it'd be good to know what
locations are standard practice on other platforms, too.  Is there any sort
of existing module that encapsulates this, so I won't have to think about
it (like how File::Temp provides for temporary data storage)?  I couldn't
find any.

Thanks,
-- Eric