[Pdx-pm] Parsing CSV Files

Andrew Clapp andrew.clapp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 18:27:34 PST 2020

Hello folks, I'm seeking advice on a module if anyone out there knows
of something that's already there.

I'm looking at a few different options from cpan but I'm stuck on
finding a ready made solution for this one.  There's gotta be
something I missed.  Here's the problem in brief.

I have to parse a CSV file, but it's double-quote wrapped, with commas
in the fields.

Example with a header...

"ID","name","desc","detailed desc"
"1234","thing","A nifty phrase that's easy to read","some, list, of
things, with commas, not so easy"

I've tried Pasrse::CSV which looks promising, and tried doing it
myself, which works, but it's kludgey beyond useful legibility.  I
believe there's a good way to do this that I've not seen yet.

Ideas?

Thanks for looking.

-ASC

--

Andrew S. Clapp
Aeonic Enterprises

"They're always searching for the magic bullet, and actually it's the
culmination of a lot of different things."  -Ken Fischer