[Pdx-pm] Fwd: [job] rentrak

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Wed May 29 17:36:20 PDT 2013

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------
From: Kristina Palmer <kristina.palmer at rentrakmail.com>

Rentrak measures 85,000 movie screens in 18,000 theaters in 36
countries.
 That means that every time a customer purchases a movie ticket our
system
processes that data. Rentrak measures viewing on over 20 million
televisions through the United States.  That means that every time one
of
those viewers presses a button on their remote control, Rentrak gets
that
data.

Our measurement doesn’t stop with big screens or home televisions.  We
get
data for internet television, mobile devices and video rentals.  So when
we
say our engineers deal with BIG DATA, we mean that Rentrak processes
more
transactions a day than every major credit card company combined.

Rentrak is currently seeking talented software engineers to develop the
front end applications that can be used to visualize and transform these
mountains of data into  interactive reports and data feeds that support
the
entertainment industry.  What does it take to be a front end software
engineer at Rentrak?  Well, we’re looking for engineers to help solve
hard
problems in a fast paced environment.  If you like the following then
this
job’s for you:

·         Working in small teams practicing an agile Kanban process.

·         Collaborate with business owners to formulate the best
solutions
for our customers with new and innovative products.

·         Use your technical talents to help create robust reports that
present data in intuitive and highly usable formats.

·         Help drive the evolution of our presentation platforms and
technologies as we lead the way in new data visualization paradigms.

·         Investigate and leverage new technologies towards the goal of
improving performance, usability and visualization.

If this sounds like the kind of work you want to do here are some of the
requirements we are looking for:

·         Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major or
years
of equivalent experience and training.

·         Experience with highly dynamic Javascript based presentation
technologies, (JQuery, Backbone, Ember, Angular …).

·         Experience in the design, development and release of client
side
driven applications.  Especially those driven by server side APIs
utilizing
AJAX and JSONP.

·         Experience with consuming and providing RESTful APIs.

·         Experience in client-side performance. Exposure to pre-
deployment
build processes including tools like Grunt and RequireJS is a plus.

·         Experience in client-side debugging and profiling with tools
like
Firebug and Chrome Devtools

·         Experience with working with large data sets utilizing SQL
based
databases.  PostgreSQL experience a plus.

·         We are an Open Source shop, so experience with Linux and
friends
is desirable.

·         Today we utilize C++, Perl and PostgreSQL but tomorrow we may
be
using Scala, Ruby and/or Python.  What can you bring to the table?

So what does Rentrak have to offer you?

The answer is simple - our unique environment!  We operate with the
flexibility and energy of a start-up organization but have the backing
of a
30 year old publicly traded company.  We're inventing new products and
have
a solid customer base eager to use them!

We also understand and value our engineers.  Our engineers work hard
here,
taking stunningly large amounts of data and doing an amazing job of
turning
it into critical systems for the movie, television and cable industry.
So
we know that hard work has to be balanced out with fun and play.  What
does
that mean?

·         We game on our Xbox 360 in our relaxation lounge while
enjoying
the free juice and soda, free fruit and free snacks.

·         We have debates about whether it is harder to Ascend in
NetHack
or make it through Hardcore Inferno in Diablo 3.

·         We have company sponsored hackathons; sometimes coding,
sometimes
playing esoteric board or card games.  All while enjoying pizza, snack,
soda and juice.

·         We've gone to movie premieres, played at fun centers, gone
crazy
at laser tag, jumped out of airplanes, run Hood to Coast, rented bowling
alleys...the list goes on and on....

If that wasn't enough, Rentrak is located in beautiful Portland, Oregon.
Portland is known for its outdoor activities, creative food culture, and
lively arts scene. Rentrak also has easy access to Portland's mass
transit
system, and has a large number of bike commuters.

We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among
the
best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition
reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.

Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent
upon
successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment
drug
screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.

Please click on the following link to
apply:
https://apply.hrmdirect.com/ResumeDirect/ApplyOnline/Apply.aspx?req_id=enc-15.756505025067565&source=120726-
CS-4217

            We look forward to hearing from you!

*Kristina M Palmer*| Recruiting Intern, Human Resources

o  *503.284.7581x459* | *kristina.palmer at rentrak.com*
*RENTRAK* | www.rentrak.com | NASDAQ: RENT

Notice: This message is confidential and is intended only for the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error, or
are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and