[Pdx-pm] February meeting topic (and speaker) needed

Chad Granum exodist7 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:31:28 PST 2012

I would be willing to do a "how to cleanup code" session. People can
bring scripts/modules that they know are ugly, such as 200+ line
functions,  large blocks of if/else/else/else and other monstrosities,
then I could bring it up and show how to clean it by factoring it into
smaller parts in manageable chunks. I would show how a successful
refactor preserves logic, but improves readability and testability.
Also showing that refactoring does not have to be scary as long as you
don't try to do a full re-write. I could also create some samples in
case nobody brings any.

Would anyone have interest in this?

-Chad