[Pdx-pm] Web Framework Panel -- April meeting next Thursday

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 00:27:45 PDT 2012

Hi All,

We discussed this on IRC, but we need more volunteers for the panel
and/or we could have more of a round-table.

The panel will look at the developments in web frameworks over the last
few years, in particular: looking at what has been made possible by
Plack/PSGI vs the models of running directly on CGI/FCGI/mod_perl and
how new frameworks have taken advantage of this.  There may be
questions about templates, deployment, middleware, or some fundamentals
about how all of this fits into HTTP.

 Ben:      dancer
 Clay:     converting CGIs to Plack apps
 Jonathan: mason as your dancer templates
 Rob:      starman and Plack

Please chime in if you have some experience to contribute or would like
to pose a question for the discussion.

Can anyone talk about recent developments with Catalyst and how that has
changed with Plack?  Other frameworks?  Continuations?  Will just
saying that Jonathan and Rob are coming to the meeting make it so?

Also at this month's meeting, we will have a raffle for a free ticket to
OSBridge.

Thanks,
Eric
--