[Pdx-pm] A splendid job offer, just not here

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue Feb 8 14:15:06 PST 2011

My company (Global Crossing) is looking for a couple of programmers with
a reasonable amount of Perl experience willing to migrate to one of the
following fabulous cities:

- Detroit, Michigan (Southfield, actually)
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Rochester, New York

The pay is not too shabby. You should be familiar with things like how
to select data out of a database. Some experience with routers and
switches, SNMP and the like would be super. Bonus points for knowing
Tcl, Java, and Python (you don't have to particularly like any of them).

Anyone with this experience who is interested please send me a resume
off list.

What does this have to do with Portland? Well, that's where I am, and
that's what I do. The company has had its fill of telecommuters, and I'm
not personally interested in moving to any of those fine locations.

On a related note, anyone interested in someone with that sort of
experience would be welcome to contact me off list, maybe I'll send you
my resume.

Cheers!

Austin