[Pdx-pm] dyld error with DBD::mysql

Tom Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Mon Mar 15 11:44:50 PDT 2010

Thanks for the good suggestions. There is a problem with word size incompatibility. But I reinstalled MySQL (dmg file for 64-bit intel)  to match my Perl (both are 64-bit now) and this did not fix the library problem when using CPAN to install DBD::mysql. I found a solution at http://bixsolutions.net/forum/thread-8.html Basically, just use cpan to get the module, then install "by hand" so you can give Makefile.PL<http://Makefile.PL> the test user and password for MySQL, and one other modification. It turned out to be necessary to run make (and make test) as root; at least on my system.

thanks again folks,
Tom
kellert at ohsu.edu<mailto:kellert at ohsu.edu>
503-494-2442