[Pdx-pm] JSYNC-0.03 for Perl

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 02:03:31 PDT 2010

# from Michael G Schwern
# on Sunday 27 June 2010 15:12:

>>     * http://search.cpan.org/dist/JSYNC/
>>     * http://github.com/ingydotnet/jsync-pm
>
>This is pretty sweet!  One of the major reasons JSON makes me twitchy
> about using it for anything but simple data serialization is it lacks
> any ability to expand.  Its at its design limit just handling basic
> Perl data structures. This is one of the reasons I've pushed so hard
> for TAP to use YAML.  JSYNC would appear to solve that.

On a somewhat related note, I've been using this experiment to
add "object notation" to JSON:

  http://svn.scratchcomputing.com/JSON-ON/trunk

This just assumes that it can serialize and tag objects by dereferencing
them (then bless()ing them on decode) and I'm only using it as an
opaque (and really fast) transfer mechanism between my gearman
components.

--Eric
--
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.
--Quarry worker's creed