[Pdx-pm] Fwd: Portland JavaScript Admirers' first monthly meeting

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 11:23:05 PST 2009

----------  Forwarded Message:  ----------

Subject: Portland JavaScript Admirers' first monthly meeting
Date: Tuesday 20 January 2009 10:59
From: Jesse Hallett <hallettj at gmail.com>
To: Eric Wilhelm <enobacon at gmail.com>

Crosspost alert!

Portland JavaScript Admirers is a new group for discussing everything
related to JavaScript and ECMAscript. I know that a lot of Perl
programmers are into web programming. If you would like a closer look
at the client-side of things, or if you are a JavaScript guru with
wisdom to share, I encourage you to attend the Portland JavaScript
admirers' first monthly meeting on January 28th from 7pm-9 at
Cubespace <http://calagator.org/venues/202389907>.

We will discuss topics ranging from client-side web frameworks, to
functional and prototypal programming theory. Topics slated for this
meeting include:

* Sproutcore - An overview of this new client-side web application
               framework
* JavaScript: The Good Parts - Tips on how to write beautiful
                               JavaScript from the book by Douglas
                               Crockford
* jQuery 1.3 - New features in the web's most dynamic DOM library

More topics are welcome! If you would like to give a presentation, or
have a suggestion for a topic, please send a message to
pdxjs at googlegroups.com.

And feel free to join our mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/pdxjs if you too are a JavaScript
admirer.

Cheers,
Jesse Hallett