[Pdx-pm] wrapper for C

Eric Wilhelm enobacon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:43:41 PST 2009

# from Thomas Keller
# on Monday 12 January 2009 12:25:

>I've been asked by a C programmer to write a
>wrapper for his set of C programs to make a single app for non-
>programmers.

Are these programs suitable to simple form-driven input?  How much
explanation is needed for the interactions between them (if any) and
the various options?

> But then I thought maybe a real GUI might be needed to help non-
>programmers actually use the thing down the road.

Assuming that you can get away with simple form-based setup like "select
input file", "select output file", some checkboxes, text fields and so
on...  Looking at e.g. kdialog might be one place to start.  Or, the
FreeTUIT kit might be nearly ready for general consumption in that
regard.

--Eric
--
Like a lot of people, I was mathematically abused as a child.
--Paul Graham