[Pdx-pm] wrapper for C

Thomas Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Mon Jan 12 12:25:31 PST 2009

Greetings,

There was a recent discussion regarding GUI approaches. My question is
along the same line: I've been asked by a C programmer to write a
wrapper for his set of C programs to make a single app for non-
programmers.

Could the cognoscenti give me their advice for modules, tools or
approaches for this sort of thing?

My first thought was to make it a simple command-line approach with
Config::Std for setting site-dependent things like paths to libraries,
and default options and IO::Prompt functions for the user input. But
then I thought maybe a real GUI might be needed to help non-
programmers actually use the thing down the road.

thanks for any advice.

Tom
kellert at ohsu.edu
503-494-2442