[Pdx-pm] Creating animated geometric GIFs with Perl?

Andrew Clapp andrew.clapp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 09:35:00 PDT 2009

Back in the day, I used to write perl to output povray source files for me.
That works pretty well.  Nowadays, you can pass a time value to povray and
it will move, rotate and whatever else you tell it to do to your objects for
you.  I think there's even a nice frontend gui for it now.

www.povray.org

-ASC

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> wrote:

> I want to make some animated GIFs.  I will be moving groups of
> geometric elements (lines, rectangles, ellipses) around.  Extra
> points if the tool facilitates 3D, perspective, and programmable
> point of view, but merely being able to do something like a pair
> of rotating boxes would be fine, I can extrapolate and do the
> coordinate transforms with that as a start.  I've found a few
> modules with useless descriptions and much breakage;  perhaps
> somebody can point at robust alternatives.
>
> Keith
>
> --
> Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com         Voice (503)-520-1993
> KLIC --- Keith Lofstrom Integrated Circuits --- "Your Ideas in Silicon"
> Design Contracting in Bipolar and CMOS - Analog, Digital, and Scan ICs

Andrew S. Clapp
Aeonic Enterprises