[Pdx-pm] New version of Math::GSL soon

Jonathan Leto jaleto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 13:01:00 PDT 2008

Howdy Folks,

I wanted to let you know that I just uploaded a dev Release of
Math::GSL to CPAN (0.13_02),
it is being shoveled onto dump trucks and being sent down multifarious
tubes to get to a
CPAN mirror near you. This will turn into 0.14 sometime next week if
none of you can make
it break too badly. Enjoy!

http://search.cpan.org/~leto/Math-GSL-0.13_02/

Changes since 0.12:

    - Chebyshev Series Approximation, with tests and docs
    - Improved Deriv, Integration, Chebyshev, Combination and Roots docs
    - Improved introduction examples in Math::GSL
    - Improved Minimization subsystem tests, but it is not functional
    - Added example/deriv/basic

        This shows the simple fact that d/dx(sin(x)) = cos(x)

    - Added example/sf/erfc_check (thanks to Keith Lofstrom)

        Script which tests the erfc() special function against computing
        the integral definition with gsl_integration_qagiu()

    - Added example/vector/speed

        This shows a considerable performance boost using Math::GSL::Vectors
        instead of List::Util when searching for the min and max elements of
        large sets of random numbers.

    - Fixed return signature of gsl_deriv_* functions to return a flat list
    - Fix location of shared objects (Sisyphus)
    - Added raw() method to RNG objects

Cheers,

--
  Jonathan Leto