[Pdx-pm] Hands on Perl 6 -- meeting tonight

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 09:42:10 PDT 2008

  Wed. October 8th, 6:53pm at FreeGeek -- 1731 SE 10th Ave.

Tonight's meeting will be a hands-on session of running Perl 6.

Jerry Gay of Rakudo Consulting Group will be visiting from Seattle.
Jerry is a key contributor to parrot/rakudo and will be very helpful in
understanding what rakudo can do right now and diagnosing any troubles
that come up.

We will have a short walk-through at the beginning covering some key
differences between Perl 5 and Perl 6, followed by a short session of
essential questions (and hopefully answers.)

This will be a very hands-on learning session and we'll probably be
working in pairs or small groups as well as spending some time reading
documentation and going around sharing what we've learned.

Information on getting setup and links for those who like to study
before coming to class:

  http://pdx.pm.org/kwiki/index.cgi?October2008Meeting

As always, social hour at the lucky lab afterwards.

--Eric
--

        http://pdx.pm.org