[Pdx-pm] I think the definition of failsafe is that things should do the safe thing if they fail

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:28:34 PDT 2007

# from Michael G Schwern
# on Thursday 18 October 2007 11:47:

>> Well, yeah.  Too bad the install is done via `make install`.
>>  Perhaps adding a stow step to cpan.pm or something would make that
>> easier.
>
>The install step is configurable and I don't think there's anything
> stopping you from saying... "make install DESTDIR=/usr/local/stow &&
> stow ..."

I suppose not.  DESTDIR=/usr/local/stow/cpan or so and just sudo the
stow then.

Sounds like a presentation topic for Nov. 14th.  Now all we need is a
volunteer.

--Eric
--
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a
desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.