[Pdx-pm] browser as kitchen sink?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Mar 28 16:34:18 PDT 2007

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 04:20:12PM -0700, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> I went with "Its all text" for that reason.  It puts a little "edit" button at
> the bottom right corner of each window.  Its not nearly as configurable but
> that little bit of convenience is nice.  It also flashes the textarea when it
> updates from the external editor.
>
> Also I think there's a way in MozEx to make it a hotkey rather than menu drill
> down.

Noting Schwern's suggestions (thanks!), I enabled MozEx to edit TEXTAREA
boxes with function key F2, calling  "xterm -e vim %t" on my linux/firefox
browser.  Works OK.  Good to know about!

I could not get "Its all text" to work - the edit button comes up, but
left-click does nothing.  I have just "vim" in the editor preference
box.  What should go in that box?  How is this supposed to work?

Keith