[Pdx-pm] browser as kitchen sink?

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Mar 28 16:20:12 PDT 2007

chromatic wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 March 2007 01:46, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>
>> But, if you want to put everything in neat little boxes, then you really
>> want one of those plugins:  MozEx or "Its all text".  They both allow you
>> to edit a textarea using the external editor of your choice.  Ya know, an
>> editor.  For editing.
>
> I like MozEx, but I wish it really turned textareas into embedded Vim windows.
> I lament the two right clicks it takes to get an editor window with support
> for something beyond cursor keys.

I went with "Its all text" for that reason.  It puts a little "edit" button at
the bottom right corner of each window.  Its not nearly as configurable but
that little bit of convenience is nice.  It also flashes the textarea when it
updates from the external editor.

Also I think there's a way in MozEx to make it a hotkey rather than menu drill
down.