[Pdx-pm] what to do when cpan multiplexer selects very slow site?

chromatic chromatic at wgz.org
Tue Mar 20 23:10:43 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:52, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> What is the Easy Way (tm)?

If you know the right mirror, "o conf cpan; o commit" within the CPAN shell.
(Check the syntax.)

If you don't know the right mirror and want configuration fun:

	$ perl -MCPAN::FirstTime -e 'CPAN::FirstTime::init()'

Silly trivia: one of my most satisfying patches to Perl was because Jarkko,
the pumpking at the time, wanted a better pager to select CPAN mirrors, so I
patched CPAN::Something_Or_Other to have better paging.

(Another one was patching the documentation for ref() to say "This is broken
in these ways....)

-- c