[Pdx-pm] what's special about smalltalk

Thomas Keller kellert at ohsu.edu
Thu Mar 15 03:14:54 PDT 2007

squeek, squeek

I'm trying to remember what the person who gave the pdx.pm Jifty talk
said. But it had to do with the things that made that counter example
possible. continuations? I don't know the technical details. But if
you imagine trying to get that counter example to work with CGI, ....
I don't know how you would do it. How about using javascript? I think
you could do it with javascript, and then you'd have to add the
asynchronous stuff to come close to the way smalltalk does it. I
almost said painlessly, but that's only because of the great objects
created by the seaside folks.

In any event, she flat out said they tried to emulate seaside in
their development of jifty.
Can someone else grock what I'm trying to say and translate into
computerese?

Tom K