[Pdx-pm] POE start-up suggestions

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jun 27 08:18:10 PDT 2007

Though it's not strictly Perl this seems like a good place to start.
I'll hit PLUG later or next.

I'm in the process of building a POE server at work for a light duty
service.  It's pretty close to being usable so now I could some
suggestions on how to start the service when the system comes up.

We typically run Fedora Core 5 ( in Linux-Vserver guests ) so something
System V-ish verses BSD-ish is preferred.  Ideally, some way, when
Apache is starting would be be the ultimate cool since the main
application is developed using Catalyst.

And before it comes up we reviewed the option of building it as part of
the Cat application but decided it was used too little to warrant
putting it, and it's overhead, in the main application.  Plus it could
be moved to another system if the need arose.

TIA,
Rod