[Pdx-pm] NCPAN - Not-so-Comprehensive Perl Archive

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jul 7 14:54:53 PDT 2007

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael R Wolf <MichaelRWolf at att.net> writes:

Michael> I guess the point I'm dancing around is vetting.  CPAN is a great
Michael> laboratory for creativity.  Some of that creativity rocks.  Some of
Michael> it rots.  Is it time to have a not-so-comprehensive Perl Archive???

Besides the reviews, smoke tests, manpage comments, bug reports, and googling
for the articles written about a module, what ELSE do you want?

If you're asking for a moderated CPAN, are you prepared to be the first
full-time volunteer to vet the 30 modules per day submitted to the CPAN?

Really - I don't know what *else* we can add.  Experts have published their
opinions... ANYONE can publish a score or a review or manpage note or bug
report easily through the existing tools.

What ELSE do you want for free?