[Pdx-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] YAPC Europe 2007 - Call for Papers

Ovid publiustemp-pdxpm at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 02:16:56 PST 2007

--- The Dread Parrot <scratchcomputing at gmail.com> wrote:

> For this one, you get to submit papers a little closer to the
> deadline.

Thanks for the link.  Here's the proposal I submitted:

  Multi-Language Test Suites

  TAP is now generated by test suites written in Perl,
  Python, PHP, C, and many other languages. However,
  despite so many languages supporting TAP, there's
  not been an easy way to run test suites which have
  tests written with more than one programming language
  -- until now.

  Enter TAPx::Parser. With the 'runtests' utility and a
  properly written 'execrc' file, you can have fine-
  grained control over how to run individual tests and
  still have a single test harness collect all results.

And the comment I attached to the proposal:

  Part of the talk is intended to be a demo of
  TAPx::Parser. I plan to run a test suite written in
  at least 3 languages, possibly more, and still have a
  single test harness aggregate the results.

Cheers,
Ovid

--

Buy the book -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/