[Pdx-pm] Portable Animation in web browsers

Andrew Clapp andrew.clapp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:35:23 PST 2007

I am currently investigating using css and lots of javascript (not mine, see
this link),

http://tiny.verilan.com/cgi-bin/ev.cgi?rm=view_scroll&schedule_id=4&day=2007-01-20

and although I have succeeded with impatience (it kinda works, but is very
buggy) and laziness (someone else's 2500+ lines of javascript), my hubris
seems to think it should be possible to implement this in a better, more
portable and perl-like way.  Also, debugging this javascript has become less
than fun.

Can anyone here suggest a way to do something like this in pure perl (or
close), that is browser portable (since I cannot force everyone to use a
mozilla product).  I've got apache w/ mod_perl.

-ASC

--
"Yes, could I please have half an order of magnitude and a side of PI?"