[Pdx-pm] interesting testing hole thats been dug

Marvin Humphrey marvin at rectangular.com
Thu Jan 4 13:02:03 PST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Tip: Wikipedia search for concepts you don't know.  It's been rare
> that in the past year I've searched for something and NOT gotten
> a useful hit.

Seconded.  What a fantastic resource!  For a whole class of subjects,
Wikipedia has chopped my research time way, way down.  It used to be
that I could find several web docs with the aid of a naive
algorithmic search engine like Google, and acquire the knowledge I
was looking for after plowing through several articles of varying
depth, quality, and relevance.  Going to Wikipedia first, though, is
so much better.  I'm reminded of the revelatory experience of
switching from AltaVista to Google in 1998.

Marvin Humphrey
Rectangular Research
http://www.rectangular.com/