[Pdx-pm] Perl 5.10 (for people who are not totally insane)

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 11:08:36 PST 2007

# from chromatic
# on Tuesday 18 December 2007 17:38:

>No one I know of thought that Jar-Jar was only in the movie so that
> people would think "Wow, this interminably long and dull and
> repetitive scene originally conceived to show that this kid really
> has buckets full of Force-related microbes but somehow reduced to
> flipping switches would make a GREAT video game, if they removed all
> of the boring parts."
>
>Stupid and boring is worse than just stupid.

Well, I suppose that makes the scene annoying, but at least the skip
button allows for an easy end-user runtime re-cut.

The trouble with jarjar is that he's everywhere.  Basically, like having
http://search.cpan.org/~dha/Semi-Semicolons-0.04/Semicolons.pm be the
core syntax.

--Eric
--
Turns out the optimal technique is to put it in reverse and gun it.
--Steven Squyres (on challenges in interplanetary robot navigation)