[Pdx-pm] [Fwd: Perl 5.10.0 is released]

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:48:59 PST 2007

# from Alan
# on Tuesday 18 December 2007 16:36:

>When is it going to be listed on the main page on cpan.org?

Which page would that be?  http://cpan.org/src/README.html or
http://www.perl.org/ or http://perldoc.perl.org/perl.html or some other
site which hasn't needed to change the bit that says "stable version
is ..." for almost 2 years and didn't get the memo this morning?

>I am trying to get our IS department to install it, but there is no
> direct link in the src directory on cpan.org, nor is their any
> mention of it on the web page where it lists "current version".

And yes, stable.tar.* still points at 5.8.8 here

  ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/CPAN/src/

But this will land you on 5.10.0:

  http://search.cpan.org/dist/perl/

--Eric
--
We who cut mere stones must always be envisioning cathedrals.
--Quarry worker's creed