[Pdx-pm] Perl 5.10 (for people who are not totally insane)

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Tue Dec 18 16:41:41 PST 2007

rjbs' talk about the new features in 5.10 is fantastic.  It covers the big,
interesting features that will impact day-to-day coding rather than the tiny
little features that are only of interest to wonks like me that read every
message on p5p.

http://www.slideshare.net/rjbs/perl-510-for-people-who-arent-totally-insane

"Remember how bad you wanted to see Star Wars: Episode 1?  That's how excited
you should be for 5.10, but it won't suck (no POD race scene)."

say, dor, named regex captures, state variables, better warnings, smart
matching, inside-out objects, a real switch statement...

--
Ahh email, my old friend.  Do you know that revenge is a dish that is best
served cold?  And it is very cold on the Internet!