[Pdx-pm] kwiki and TypeKey - spammed again!

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Apr 16 14:24:05 PDT 2007

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> And, doesn't the bot have a 25% chance of getting the right answer?  My
statistics are a bit rusty today, but IIRC, those odds increase with the number of
tries.

If the bot has the linguistic skill to parse the sentence and figure out what the
appropriate response is.  The question is to be answered in a text field, not a
radio button or drop down box multiple choice.

Those were my questions.  One of the strengths to this system is the idiosyncratic
nature of the administrators.  One can ask whatever one wishes. My questions were
chosen to be answerable by a general audience with a high percentage of bicycle
riders.  For our purposes we could ask questions requiring Perl knowledge without
even including the answer in the text.  "Last name of the primary author of the
llama book is?"  or "First name of PBP author is?"  "Animal on Programming Perl
is?"  Most Perl people know these answers, a bot won't.

Heck the bot even needs to determine the field is significant from a security
standpoint. Shingles of security

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity