[Pdx-pm] kwiki and TypeKey - spammed again!

Kevin Scaldeferri kevin at scaldeferri.com
Mon Apr 16 14:23:07 PDT 2007

On Apr 16, 2007, at 2:02 PM, chromatic wrote:

> On Monday 16 April 2007 13:56, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
>
>> If only there were some sort of (Pretty Good) cryptographic signature
>> system which allowed us to form some sort of trusted web of verified
>> identities (a "Web of Trust" if you will.)  Perhaps then we could
>> simply verify that you are trusted by some people who we trust.
>
> Would OpenID work as a reasonable substitute?

OpenID is an identity and authentication system, not a reputation
system.  Of course, you can't build a reliable reputation system
without having an identity system first, so hopefully people will
eventually try to layer reputation on OpenID.

In the meantime, they question is whether spambots have OpenIDs yet?
Given the triviality of getting an OpenID, or even running an OpenID
server, it seems likely that some of them do.  But, I have no
evidence to back that up.

-kevin