[Pdx-pm] Why go to meetings? was Re: April Meeting - topics

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Mar 27 06:28:44 PST 2006

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> 6) Objects.  I love Randal's intermediate book, but object methods
> remain a follow-the-cookbook abstraction for me.  Teach me to love
> objects, too.

I could use this too.  For the FUT project I'm dependent on the IPTables::IPv4
module.  The code is so OO'd that it's inscrutable.

Example:  grepping the entire source I don't find a single instance of the
methods I call when using it. No append_entry, commit, insert_entry, flush.
WTF?  I call these methods and yet the names don't appear in the source?

There's some learning to be done.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity