[Pdx-pm] July meeting

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 10:19:47 PDT 2006

Hi all,

The July meeting would typically be two weeks from tonight.  We could:

  a:  do it
  b:  meet the week(end?) before OSCON
  c:  meet during OSCON
  d:  1 or more of the above

I've talked to a couple of people about live code reviews and/or
hackfests.  This would be the likely "topic" for (a).

The review/hackfest prospects are:

  1.  fut - an IPTables rule daemon
  2.  Device::SerialPort - SerialPort functions.

If there's interest in a hackfest, I'll let the authors get involved in
the discussion.  My take is that the focus would be on:

  fut:
    a test plan for network/firewall code
    structural/coding practice review/suggestions
  D::SP
    Testing hardware-interaction code.
    Make cpan install work.

As for (b), (c), and/or (d) -- you get to propose and/or contact the
visiting dignitary of your choice.

I believe there might be one or two among us who will be speaking at
OSCON and would like to make a trial-run of (b).  Given the success of
last Saturday's meeting, weekends appear to be at least somewhat
workable.

--Eric
--
But as soon as you hear the Doppler shift dropping in pitch, you know
that they're probably going to miss your house, because if they were on