[Pdx-pm] bnf/ebnf/yacc Ack!

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 14:59:16 PST 2006

# from Ian Burrell
# on Friday 13 January 2006 02:11 pm:

>The EBNF used by
>W3C to define XML syntax is sligthly different than the ISO EBNF.
>Parse::EBNF says it handles W3C-style EBNF.

Pretty disappointing coming from a standards body.  I did manage to find
this, but I don't think the SVG committee got that memo.

  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-notation

Parse::EBNF appears to be working after a slight patching to the
rule-naming assumption from qr/[A-Z][a-zA-Z]*/ to qr/[a-zA-Z-_]+/

Whee!  Now I'll see if it does me any good.  Guess I've got to feed it
to Lex or Parse::Lex or something now.

Thanks,
Eric
--
But you can never get 3n from n, ever, and if you think you can, please
email me the stock ticker of your company so I can short it.